This is Auburn's iPad's in the Kindergarten Classroom Initiative
Auburn School Department is working to improve the literacy and math achievement of early learners by leverage iPads and their apps through an initiative called Advantage 2014.
Kindergarten is a time of tremendous opportunity. For all kindergarten students and their families, this is the beginning of children's formalized learning journeys and is important in determining the course of their lives. With the use of cutting-edge technology in the form of Apple iPad's we are taking a large, but essential step to ensure that our students are prepared for the tremendous opportunities to grow that await them in their education.
The goal of Advantage 2014 is to increase Auburn students’ mastery rates in literacy and numeracy, as measured in grade 3, from 63% & 60% respectively in the spring of 2011, to 90% by the end of the 2014-15 school year. One strategy for meeting this bold goal is a 1:1 iPad 2 initiative, starting with every Auburn kindergarten student and his or her family.
- Advantage 2014 website
- What Apps is Auburn Using and Other Advantage 2014 Information
- Professional Development for Auburn’s iPad Kindergarten Teachers
- Folks Who Think Our Program is a Waste of Money Might be Right
- Rumors of our Locking Kindergarteners in Closets with iPads are Greatly Exaggerated
- What iPad case is Auburn using? The Trident Kraken for iPad 2 (in various colors)
- All Multiple Pathways blog posts about Advantage 2014
- Expectations for Adv2014 Teachers (2011/2012)
- Tony Vincent's Rubric for Evaluating Educational Apps
- Adv2014 Walk Thru Form
Auburn's Research Study
- Auburn's iPad Research Page (with the press release, Research Summary, & presentation slides)
- Confirmed: iPads Extend a Teacher’s Impact on Kindergarten Literacy
- More News on Auburn’s iPad Research Results
Auburn's iPads in Primary Grades Institute
- The Leveraging Learning 2012 Institute page
- Great resources from the 2011 Institute
- Leveraging Learning Institute (2011)